Wednesday, August 24, 2011


Tonight was spent at the beach, eating fish and chips (none for me, please. allergies!) and enjoying the view we take for granted so often. It was my grandmothers 70th birthday, celebrated by just five of us, two of the kiddies missing; but was wonderful and silly and fun nonetheless. Strangely I didn't actually get any shots of her but next weekend we're joint celebrating our birthdays in the same spot and I'm not passing up an opportunity to have the entire evening photographed. I don't have enough pictures of my grandma and I together.

I'm moving away from this town very shortly so I'm getting all nostalgic and realizing how little I've explored here in over twenty years of having the opportunity to. I'll be coming up and visiting all the time I'm sure, but it won't be the same after this move I don't think. More and more I'm hit with the realization how old everyone is, carving out individual paths in life. Growing up, becoming teenagers and adolescents and adults. Branching out and walking independently outside of the family unit.
It feels like all of this time is slipping through my fingers. My home, my town, my sisters, brothers, friends, all just water sliding out of my palms. I want to fix everything and put it back together because honestly, the alternative, not knowing how this next chapter of my life is going to go, is damn scary. Then again I think too much - this very possibly could be sleep deprived 5:00am brain regurgitation. It was a very long (good!) day today, and will be even longer tomorrow UHAUL'ing baby brothers furniture back up to UCONN. Time to conk out before the sun comes up.

No comments:

Post a Comment